Here is a weekend recipe for you to try out. I am Russian and most of the traditional Russian salads always are covered in mayo. Actually let me clarify – they are drenched in mayo, layers and layer of it. That said, my Russian roots and love for mayo and fish made tuna melt very irresistible for me. But we all know that mayo is high in fat and not the good kind either. So here is a Tuna Melt recipe with a twist – an overhaul for an all around American classic dish. Enjoy as a snack or split it with a loved one or a friend or make it a meal just for yourself.
- 1 can No-salt added tuna in water
- 2 tbsp. Hummus (try Cava spicy hummus – delicious)
- Hot chili sauce (Shriracha – my favorite)
- 2 slices Ezikiel bread
- 1 slice Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Medium red bell pepper
- 1 cup Romaine Lettuce, lettuce, or spinach
- Preheat a toaster oven to 175 F.
- In a bowl mix tuna, hummus, and hot chili sauce.
- Line cooking sheet with a foil.
- Place 2 slices of bread on a sheet.
- Divide tuna mix into two parts and place over the bread.
- Top it with sweet bell pepper and cheese.
- Bake for 5 min or until warm.
- Served with mixed greens, spinach or lettuce.
You can also sprinkle red chili flakes on top for added kick. Enjoy!
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit