I love treats but whenever I go to a store or a bakery they are full of sugar, salt, and butter. This one has healthy fatty acids to help you satisfy your sweet tooth and get your nutritional nurturing and will not be a show stopper on your way to peak optimal performance in the gym , at home, or at work. Also a perfect post workout snack to aid muscle recovery. But since this is all natural make sure you put them in the fridge, with no preservatives the shelf life is not that long. All natural and so so good for you, what else could you wish for.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup chunky apple sauce
- 1 bsp organic coconut oil
- 1 can of organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cups vanilla soymilk or almond milk
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 oz crushed pecans
- 1 tbsp of flax seeds
- 3 whole beaten eggs
- 3 scoops chocolate egg protein powder
Makes 24 muffin size pumpkin tartlets.
- Preheat a toaster oven to 350F.
- In a bowl mix oats, oat bran, chia seeds, flaxseeds, agave nectar, almond meal, coconut oil, apple sauce, 2 tbs vanilla extract
- Once you made dough take a non stick baking muffin baking sheet and press the dough in.
- Then place the sheet in a preheated oven (350 F) for 12 minutes.
- While the dough is in the oven you can prepare the pumpkin mixture.
- Bring 1 cups of vanilla soymilk or almond milk to boil (keep stirring) and add cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. As soon as it’s boiling switch the heat off.
- In a separate bowl put the pumpkin puree and then add the spiced milk.
- Beat three eggs and then add then into the mixture above.
- Add the 3 scoops of chocolate peg protein powder, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and mix all in until you get a nice smooth texture.
- When 12 min are up take the baking sheet out and pore the pumpkin mixture over the dough.
- Once pored over the dough, sprinkle the pumpkin mixture with crushed pecans and flax seeds over the top before you place it back to the oven.
- Bake it for another 25 – 30 minutes at 350F.
Enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea as a weekend treat after a walk or a workout. You can also add a bit of fat free whipped cream for an extra special treat.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit
Here is the image-link for the Watkins Organic Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract that I use in my recipes in case your would like to get some: