I think it is because I am Russian but I love beets. When I was back home we would always make a Vinegret. And it is not a dressing but a salad. It is especially delicious when done is spring with fresh vegetables. He it is – Beet Love and once the vegetables are cooked it only takes 10 min to make it, so it is fast and delicious.
- 1 can of Sweet Green Peas
- 10 mid Beets ( or you can get cooked beets at Trader Joe’s)
- Fresh Chives
- 8 oz Babe Carrots
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple
- 4 Small Cucumbers (you can use dill pickles)
- 2 med Potatoes (optional)
- Hummus (my dad loves it with mayo)
- Cook beets, carrots, and potatoes. Peel all the vegetable once they cooled down.
- Chop chives, carrots, potatoes, beets, cucumbers, and apple.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and serve with hummus+ shiracha, guacamole, or mayo. You can also enjoy it with a bit of olive oil and make it a classic.
I also like fresh beet, carrot, and celery juice. Lo GI 🙂
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit