I really enjoy granola bars and protein bars. They are crunchy, they are delicious, and they give you the protein and fiber you need after the workout (keep the sodium though). After all, it is exactly post-workout when it is the best time to get in your fiber carbs. I make a batch over the weekend and cut into power bar slices to eat one after a workout when I get bored from drinking my protein shake or instead of breakfast oatmeal with my favorite cappuccino coffee drink. I mix french-vanilla and creamy hazelnuts coffee, vanilla soy milk, and Da Vinci sugar free French Vanilla Syrup. I feel like I am being naughty but it is good for me too – the best combination ever :).
So as promised a delicious, low sodium, fiberfill, and full of good sources of protein: Scrumptious Post Workout Granola Snacks.
- 2 Cups Old-fashioned Oatmeal
- 1 Cup Sliced Dry Roasted Almonds
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 3 tblsp Chunky Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2/3 Cup Orange Blossom Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Organic Raisins
- 1/4 Chia Seeds
- 1tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 F ( I use my wonder toaster oven – courtesy my bf – absolutely love it, it is so handy).
- Combine all the ingredients besides sesame seeds and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan and pack it in, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-35 min depending on weather you like it extra crunchy or a bit on a chewy side.
Hope you enjoye my post.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit