Hello, As we all know fish is full of omega-3, the healthy kind of fat and as I said earlier, chicken is my go to protein and I tend to forget about the fish. But with spring here I am into grilling. Unfortunately it was raining but the good thing by boyfriend got me a George Foreman Griddle last year and I can still do some grilling even when the weather is not cooperating. Moreover, I still like having some fries here and there but I switched it up and use sweet potatoes instead and after slicing them ultra thin (courtesy my dad) I oven roast the with seasoning and a bit of olive oil. Yammy and nutritious, and this is all what POP Nutrition is about. Still enjoying the foods you like without sacrificing the flavor. So here is the recipe for the Grilled Salmon With Roasted Sweet Potatoes Fries and Zucchini Circles. Looks like I tend to have really long recipe names 🙂
- 2 4 oz Salmon Fillet
- 3 Medium Organic Zucchini
- 6 Med Organic Sweet Potatoes
- Organic virgin Olive Oil
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Ground Black Pepper
- Dried Cilantro and Basil Flakes
- White Balsamic Vinegar
- In a bowl combine white balsamic vinegar, garlic and onion powder, red pepper flakes, basil cilantro, and olive oil then place two Salmon stakes and coat them evenly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a fridge until the sweet potatoes and zucchini are almost done.
- Peal and chop sweet potatoes
- Chop zucchini into round circles (not too thick so they cook evenly)
- Lay foil on a cookie sheet, and place layers of sweet potatoes evenly spreading over the entire area of the lined cookie sheet (the thinner the layer the crisper they will get). Season with garlic and onion powder, red pepper flakes, basil cilantro, and sprinkle a bit of virgin olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C or 390F.
- Lay foil on a cookie sheet, and place layers of chopped zucchini evenly spreading over the entire area of the lined cookie sheet (the layers should be even so they cook at the same time). Season with garlic and onion powder, red pepper flakes, basil cilantro, and sprinkle a bit of virgin olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 min or until desired sweet potato crispiness level is achieved. I have to racks in the oven so I placed sweet potatoes on the higher level to cook them and then on the lower rack to get them crispier.
- While the potatoes and zucchini are baking, warm up George Foreman Griddle. Set it to 375 F. Take the salmon stakesout of the fridge and place then on the griddle. Cook for 6 min or less depending on the stake size and thickness.
- When ready serve Salmon Stakes with Roasted Sweet Potatoes Fries and Zucchini Circles and decorate with chives.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Free