I hope you are having a great day. The weather is delightful and I was playing with different tastes and came up with: Grilled Filet Mignon, Baby Bella Mushrooms, With Cucumber Tomato Salad in a Brown Rice Pita Pocket.
- 12 oz filet mignon
- garlic and onion powder
- red pepper flakes
- dried cilantro
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 2 mid tomatoes
- 1 mid onion
- 4 babe portobello mushrooms
- 1.5 cup brown rice medley flour
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- 7 tbsp warm water
Filet Mignon Cooking Steps:
- Slice Filet Mignon into 1 inch strips, place in a bowl and add paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, dried cilantro, and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Mix well. And let marinate while you are preparing other ingredients.
- When ready, heat up a grill (today I used Foreman grill) to 400 F and cook for about 3 min.
Brown Rice Medley Pita Pocket:
- In a bowl combine flour, 1 tbsp olive oil, 7 tbsp warm water, and 1 egg. Add garlic and onion powder, dried cilantro, and paprika to taste. Blend well until the dough is elastic.
- Divide into 6 pieces and roll out with a rolling pin on a flowered surface.
- Heat up a griddle or a cast iron pan and cook on low heat until starting to born won one side, flip pita over and cook for another 2 min or so.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil in a skillet, shop onion set 1/2 aside.
- Chop portobello mushrooms and place in a skillet, add 1/2 chopped onion. Cover and cook on low heat until mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, chop cucumbers, tomatoes, chives, and add 1/2 previously chopped onion.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon and drizzle with olive oil.
Place meet, mushrooms, and salad in pita and enjoy.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit