I hope you had a great Mother’s Day Weekend. I for change had a chance to take a belly dance class, actually it was a two day workshop. And you know what I found out that even though I got Latin dance rhythm more or less figured out, I realized that my glutes are not firing up for the shimmy. Event though I did got to sports and spine rehab last year, I did not keep up with the exercises all through the year. The thing is my hamstrings and quads are hyperactive and instead of glutes firing up they kick-in and glutes remain dormant. That said today’s workout will help you in case you to not only fire up your glute kinetic chain but also will give you a nice bum for the summer so you can show it off in shorts, tights, or bikini. Here is a great workout inspired by an amazing book “Core Performance Women: Burn Fat and Build Lean Muscle“.
- Warm up 10 min
- Mini-band external rotation 2 sets | 10 reps
- Glute bridge + marching hip flexion 2 sets | 10 reps
- Lateral plank with arm extension 2 sets | 10 reps | each side
- Lateral squat 2 sets | 10 reps | each side
- Forward lunge + elbow to instep + rotation 2 sets | 10 reps each side
- Warrior Three 2 sets | 30 sec | each side
- Single Leg crouching squat + knee to floor touch 2 sets + to knee hug| 5 reps | each side
- Hand walk 2 sets | 10 reps
Have a great day.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit