I had a taste for some tuna and always enjoyed the crust that one gets when it is seared and herb crusted. So I decided to venture out and try it. It came out great and I did not over cook it. I bought it frozen then run under cold water when I was about to make it for 5 min and cooked it. Was delish.
- 2 4 oz ahi tuna stakes
- poppy seeds
- flax seeds
- chia seeds
- sesame seeds
- 1 tsp pure sesame oil
- Heat up a heavy bottom pan on low and add 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Take frozen tuna and run in under cold water for about 5 min.
- Mix all the seeds and paprika.
- Place tuna steaks on the pan and sprinkle with the seed mix.
- Let it cook for 1 min then flip it around and cook for anther 1 min.
- Add a bit of water and cover. Cook for about 1 min or until you can put a toothpick all the way through. But do not overcook. It does not take long to cook even though it was frozen.
- Enjoy with the super salad fit for a fitness lover.
Have a great day.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit