My son got up at 5am with the birds. Not ideal but what you going to do. I took an opportunity to continue reading my Pilates teacher requirement book :). Make the best with what you have. And since we are starting early, there is nothing better then a good breakfast. To all of you who skip it I really think it one who is striving for peak optimal performance in fitness and life (what’s good if life is not part of it) have to start a day right…sets the stage I think.
So here is the weekend champ breakfast for today:
- 1 med banana (great source of potassium)
- cappuccino with 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk and sugar free coffee syrup
- Turbo Power Omelet (see recipe below)
- 1 slice Ezekiel Cinnamon raisin bread with 1 tbsp unsalted and unsweetened crunchy (or smooth whatever rocks your boat) peanut butter
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds:
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids, “good” fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s.
- Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75-800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
- Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.
- I specifically use it to help my stomach, I naturally have a high-acidic qualities. So I put 1 tbsp into a 1/4 cup of water and let it steep overnight. Worked miracles for me.
Turbo Power Omelet Ingredients:
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms diced
- 1 cup eggwhites
- 2 defrosted chicken breast tenderloins
- 1/4 med vidalia onion diced
- 1 tbsp shredded cheese of your choice
- spices to taste (no salt)
Turbo Power Omelet Cooking Steps:
- Spray heavy bottom skillet with canola oil spray, lightly. Add diced onions, cubed chicken, mushrooms, and spinach. Cover and simmer on low until chicken is cooked.
- Add eggwhites and cheese, and cook for another 3-5 min or until eggwhites is cooked.
Enjoy your weekend.
Oh and my studio renovation is moving along. The walls and ceiling is up. Half of my equipment that I was planning to get is already here just need to order couple more items and waiting on a few shipments. I cannot wait. Here are a few pics – not the best quality…need to learn a few photography tricks:)
Also, if you are just started to read my blog there are a few articles (more coming) on how to jump start your nutrition, I think that is one of the weakest areas for a lot of us. However, nutrition can break or make you, anything from workout performance, to anxiety, depression, diabetes, high-blood pressure, and etc. One thing though, I am not in the business of quick fixes and miracle diets and/or workouts. I truly believe in moderation, consistency, healthy and nutrition eating, fitness and vitality not over training, and life long habits that can be maintained effortlessly. It will be a long journey but I think my well-being and hopefully you agree that yours is worth it because we are raw models for our children, family, friends, and we all impact so many many lives everyday, you will be surprised. Lets make those impacts positive for us and those around us.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit