I had a craving for a cream based sauce with pasta. But two with two and a half months away from the bikini competition, it is not an option, unless of course it is a healthy one. And I am so grateful that we have so many options today and one of them is brown rice pasta noodles. I made brown rice pasta from scratch before but have not mastered the magic of the thin Pad Thai noodles and for now leaving that to the pro’s. So, to answer my craving, I made this dish that total hit the spot – Creamy Cauliflower And Wild Dover Sole Sauce With Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 lb wild dover sole or other white fish
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp fenugreek
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup whole tomatoes fresh or unsalted canned
- 1 cup soy milk creamer
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 5 basil leaves
- 1/2 box Annie Chun’s Brown Rice Noodle
- Cut up cauliflower florets, place them in a pot, add milk, creamer, and spices.
- In a blender place tomatoes, basil and blend until smooth, then fold into cauliflower.
- Add Dover fillets, cover and cook on low for about 25 min until all ingredients are tender.
- When done cool for a bit and blend until creamy and smooth with a hand blender or kitchen mixer.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot bring water to a boil and add pasta. I like mine overcooked so it takes me 10 min.
- When done transfer into a plate and pore the creamy mixture over. Mix well and enjoy with a bit of cheese, do not go overboard :).
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit