And what a great Friday it is. I nkow I said I am not doing any kettlebell presses or swing but I am hooked what can I say. So I did a light run with snatches – working to get 100 in 5 min with 16 kg so I can record it and get my RKC cert :). So far so good, my shoulders feel stronger not ready for 16 kg yet but getting there. In a month I will be all set.
So I was feeling like having fish today, and I already ate my salmon but still have cod in my fridge. I decided to make it with Indian flavor. So here it is: Flavorful Cod With Steamed Broccoli. It is delicious and great high protein low carb meal. I did not even suspect how high in protein cod is – 4 oz has 20 gram of protein- imagine that and I usually stick to salmon or tune and cod has less fat then salmon, so you get more for your meal. And one more awesome thing – you can have 8 oz of fish and 2 cups of broccoli and it will only be 280 calories. Ingredients:
- 1 lb cod filets
- 1 tsp fenugreek (it has a specif taste so you can skip it if you do not like pungent things)
- 1 tsp cumin
- bunch of shopped cilantro
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmerik
- 1 tsp all spice
- juice of one lemon
- Warm up your grill to 450 F.
- Place foil on a cooking sheet and put cod filet on the sheet.
- Mix all spices in a bowl and spread evenly over the fish filet. Squeeze lemon on top.
- Broil for 20 min.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water and add 4 cups of broccoli florets. Boil or steam for 5 min or until tender crisp.
- Enjoy. I could not help it and added hot peppers, my mom cannot eat hot food so I made this one mild but added some heat for myself 🙂
Have a great weekend.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit