As you already found out I am on a health quest. I also enjoy making high-fat high-calories dishes into healthy alternatives. So here is a recipe for a Elegant Eggplant And Ricotta Cheese Lasagna. Ricotta gives it a unique texture and fullness while brown rice makes it a much healthier alternative to while flour or wheat (if you have allergies).
- 1 package of brown rice lasagna
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 can unsalted tomatoes
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 large red onion
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried cilantro
- 16 ox fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded quattro formaggio cheese
- green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 22o C.
- Slice eggplant (thin) and onions, place on a cooking sheet, sprinkle with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and bake for 10 min or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, boil water and cook lasagne placing three pieces at a time in boiling water. When done take out and place on a towel to dry.
- In a blender mix tomatoes, spices, and ricotta, and baked onions (the one you baked with the eggplant) and blend until smooth.
- In a deep dish place lasagna sheets, layer eggplant, spinach, and 1/2 or ricotta and tomato mixture. Repeat. Last layer will be lasagna sheets. Sprinkle them with shredded quattro formaggio cheese.
- Bake for 30 min on 200 C.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit