Today was my Pilates. Oh and by the way whatever I did yesterday kicked my booty – I am sore today and its been awhile since I was sore. I just do not get sore anymore. It does not mean that I am not working hard but that showed me that I used the muscle I have not used in awhile . Sweet.
A new routine will be posted tomorrow. But I wanted to share a traditional Russian Dish with you but made a bit healthier by using lean ground turkey and brown rice. So here it is: Cabbage Leaves Stuffed With Lean Ground Turkey & Jasmine Brown Rice.
- 1 med young cabbage head
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup jasmine brown rice or regular brown rice
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- low fat sour cream or hummus for garnish
- 1 liter low-sodium chicken broth or tomato sauce (both optional)
- Boil water in a tall cooking dish (just like the one you sue for spaghetti).
- Once the water start to boil, separate the leaves and dip them into the water one at at time. Boil for 3 min. Do not over cook or they will break into pieces when you will be stuffing them with turkey and rice mixture.
- Meanwhile, cook 1 cup or brown rice (ration 1 cup rice : 2 cups water). Let it cool.
- In a deep dish pan combine spices, cooked rice, and turkey.
- When cabbage leaves are ready, drain the water and let them cool on a rack.
- Then stuff cabbage leaves with about 1 tbsp of the turkey and rice mixture.
- Prepare a deep dish thick bottom cooking pan. Lay small unusable cabbage leaves on the bottom (prevent burning) and then place stuffed cabbage leaves on top. Cover with water or chicken broth or tomato sauce. Cook for about 10-15 min on low.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit