I love pasta and shrimp, weather it is Italian or Asian – I like to eat period. But I always have to find new and healthy ways to make the Asian classics which are usually full of sodium and fat. So her is a new creation – Soba Noodles With Shrimps And Vegetables.
- 1 med red onion
- 8 ox shiitake mushrooms
- 1 garlic head
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 package Soba noodles (buckwheat, no salt added)
- 2 tbsp tamarind concentrate or juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 lb broccoli
- 2 large carrots
- Set up a wok on low heat, add chopped onion, and cook until golden brown.
- Add vinegar, tamarind concentrate, garlic, 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce or red chili sauce (optional). Mix well, an cook for another minute.
- Add chopped carrots, shiitake mushrooms, broccoli, and frozen or fresh shrimp. Mix and cook for 10 -15 minutes or until shrimp is pink.
- Meanwhile, boil water and add Soba noodles. Cook for 5 min. They cook really compared to brown rice pasta so keep a close eye. Drain water, and run the noodles under cold water to stop pasta from cooking.
- Fold pasta into wok along with other vegetables and shrimp and cook for 2-3 min so pasta can absorb the flavors.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Free