I am sure you all heard about ” Green Eggs and Ham”. A famous Dr. Seuss book. I read about a thousands time to my son when he was a babe. Well, we are not having green eggs and ham but we are having green meatballs. The reason being is all the parsley, green onion, jalapenos, and other green goodness 🙂
- 1 lb 85% lean organic ground beef
- 1 lb 90% lean ground turkey
- 1 large red onion
- 4 green onions
- bunch of chives
- bunch of basil
- bunch of cilantro
- bunch of parsley
- 3 eggs
- red pepper flakes
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp ground cardamon
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1.5 cups of rice
- 1/2 ground coriander
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- To prepare the rice, use 1.5 cups of rice to 4 cups of water.
- Bring water to a boil, add thyme, oil, and coriander. Put the heat on low and cook until all the water is gone. About 10-15 min. If a bit f water left, turn of the heat, close the lid tightly and let the water absorb.
- To prepare the meatballs, in a blender mix all the vegetables, spices and eggs, besides the meat.
- Place meat in a large glass bowl, add the mixture from the blender. Mix until even consistency.
- Preheat an oven to 300 F. Line a cooking sheet with foil. Make 20 round meatballs, line them up, pore 1 cup of low-sodium chicken stock.
- Cook for 90 min. Cooking meatballs on low heat and with stock prevents them from being dry.
- Server over rice with steamed asparagus.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit