Hope your week is going great. I love cooking form scratch and my boyfriend is half Italian so he absolutely loves pasta. I was watching a cooking show and that gave me an idea for Marinara sauce. It’s simple, it easy, but still so so delicious. You can add any toppings: chicken, sausage, shrimp – imagination is all yours.
- 7 med tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tbsp spices de provence
- 2 tbs grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups of brown rice shells pasta
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour (optional)
- basil leaves for garnish
- 16 oz wild blue shrimp
- Using a heavy bottom pan, add oil, hopped onions, spices. Let cook for 3 min so that onion saturates in the spices flavors.
- Add chopped green onions and tomatoes.
- Simmer on low for 45 min or until the sauce is reduce twice in volume and there is not too much liquid. I added buckwheat to m y sauce to make the sauce thicker. I prefer a heartier consistency but it is totally up to you. Keep steering often to prevent burning.
- Add shrimp and cook for another 5 min.
- Meanwhile boil water. Add 1 tbsp oil, fold pasta shells, and cook in boiling water for 10 min or until cooked to taste.
- When ready drain and fold pasta into the sauce.
- Garnish with basil leaves and enjoy. Easy as that.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit