With the cold weather and chilling wind zooming through the open windows my body started to ask for comfort. So here is a Four Bean Chilli recipe that will warm you up without weighting you down. And you can make it vegetarian by skipping the low-sodium chicken stock and subbing it with the vegetable stock.
- .5 cup black beans
- .5 cup chana dal beans
- .5 cup white beans
- .5 red lentils
- .5 tsp cumin
- .5 tsp smoked paprika
- .5 tsp coriander
- 1.2 cup chopped basil
- .5 tsp all spice
- .5 tsp pumpkin spice
- 0.25 ground cinnamon
- 5 garlic gloves
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 14 oz unsalted canned tomatoes
- 16 oz low-sodium chicken vegetable broth
- 1 large dry hot pepper
- Soak the beans overnight or at least for 4 hour with the 3:1 water to bean ratio.
- When ready, chop onion and garlic and saute in a heavy bottom skillet with 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add all the spices and let them get infused with onion and garlic, then add canned tomatoes.
- Use a large heavy bottom pot place drained beans and stock, bring to a boil, fold in spice mixture.
- Cook on the lowest heat for 3 hours r until beans are soft and tender to taste.
- Enjoy with low-fat sour cream or a bit of cheese.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit