For anyone who likes tuna, shrimp, or crab salad this will be a winner. Introducing is a lighter version of a traditional crab salad.
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1 lb or stalks celery root
- bunch of parsley
- bunch of dill
- 5 oz low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lime
- 1 mid red or orange pepper
- For the dressing. Boil water and add celery and juice of the 1/2 lime. Bring to a boil and then turn of gas and drain. Place over ice to stop cooking. Make sure that celery is completely cold.
- In a blender place pepper, capers (drained and rinsed), yogurt, vinegar, mustard, pepper flakes, mustard. Mix well, until a consistency of a dressing.
- Separately, grate celery root, and drain excess water.
- In a bowl combine crab meat and dressing. Enjoy over mixed greens and slice of Ezekiel bread or pita. This makes about 5 large ( 1cup) crab salad servings – about 120 cal each.
Have a great day. It is getting really windy here in Bethesda so say safe.
Esse LIbere Fitness – Free To Be Fit