I love love love shrimp so here is my Dashing Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer for you to delight in:
- 2 lb large wild shrimp
- 6 oz tomato paste | unsalted
- 2 tsp grated horseradish | I tried to make my own but it did not come even close so I had to settle for store bought but this one was pretty low on sodium so I did not feel too bad using it. 🙂
- 4 celery root sticks
- bunch of chopped cilantro
- zest of 1 lemon
- lemon juice of 1 lemon + 0.5 lemon
- 2 green onions
- 1 head of Romain lettuce or other garnish of your choice
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- In a large pot, boil water with 0.5 lemon juice and leftover of the squeezed lemon and 1 tbsp red pepper flakes, once boiling add shrimp and cook until pink.
- When ready drain the water and run under cold water or place over ice to stop shrimp from cooking.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, in a bowl combine tomato paste, chopped green onion, horseradish, juice of 1 lemon, lemon zest, chopped celery, and cilantro.
- Fold chilled shrimp into the dressing. Mix well. Serve with lettuce or chill for another 2 hr if you like them real cold. I personally do not mind mine a bit on the warmer side.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit