I have been searching for good milk alternative but the one that does not have Xanthan gum, Carrageenans, too much salt, or sugar, and of course organic vanilla – I love vanilla in my coffee, pancakes, and etc.
- 1lb organic raw cashews
- hot water | enough to cover and submerge the nuts
- organic alcohol-free Vanilla extract | to taste
- Place the cashews into a large bowl.
- Add hot water until the nuts are all covered.
- Cover with think cloth and let it soak for at least four hours.
- Drain water from the cashews and rinse the nuts under running cold water.
- Take one cup of soaked and rinsed cashews and blend on high speed | If not using all the soaked nuts, they can be stored soaked in a fridge for a day or two max.
- Then add 4 cups chilled water and vanilla extract if going for vanilla flavor or not if you would prefer it plain, or you can add stevia natural sweetener or coconut or agave nectar ( lo GI) to taste or uses fresh strawberries to make strawberry milk or cocoa nibs or powder for chocolate.
- Blend again.
- You can use this thicker version instead of creamier or use a mesh strainer to get a smoother velvetier milk.
- The pulp leftover from straining could be used in granola bars or cookies for texture and flavor.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit