Forget dry and hard to swallow protein pancakes. The other day I made homemade organic cashew milk and decided to used it in my protein power breakfast pancakes. They came out so fluffy even my hard core bacon and white bread loving dad gobble them all up. One thing, I used the creamier and thicker version of the milk the one yo get before you strain it. It was 0.25 lb of cashews (weight before soaking) to 1 cup of chilled water.
- 1 cup homemade organic vanilla cashew milk
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla or unflavored protein powder
- 2 tbsp organic sugar and alcohol free vanilla or vanilla bean to taste
- 1 egg
- 3 organic sweetener packets or 2 tbsp coconut syrup | low GI
- Combine all wet ingredients.
- Combine all dry ingredients and then whisk everything together.
- Heat up a heavy bottom pan, spray olive oil and scoop 1/4 cup of batter into the heated pan. Cook for 1-2 min or until the top bubbles then flip, And cook for another 45 sec or less.
- Makes about 6 3-4 inch pancakes.
- I had mine with unsweetened apple sauce. Yam-Yam.
Esse Libere Fitnes – Free To Be Fit