Here is a recipe that I came up with while messing around with a few ingredients: Tangy Mediterranean Chicken.
- 1/2 lb chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Slice chicken breast tenderloins into thin slices.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Then add chicken slices, cover and let marinate for 12 hours in the fridge.
- Place slices on baking sheet, cover with the marinade and roast at 350F for 35 min or until cocked and tender.
- Serve with chopped dill and a spoon of sour cream or Greek Yogurt. I also had mine over a bed of mesclun greens, thinly sliced Persian cucumbers and peppers. Hm hm good. The dill is perfect pair for this tangy chicken while sour cream or Greek yogurt mellows it out. Great combination.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit