Happy Thanks giving!
Here is a turkey recipe that will also give you lean leftovers to eat later in the week and I will give you a few healthy ways to do so. So that will be posted this week too. I used 17 lb young turkey.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp organic marjoram powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp all spice
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard with seeds
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and rub into the unfrozen turkey.
- Leave in the fridge for 48 hr to let it absorb the flavors.
- When ready to cook, place the turkey breast side up on a rack and pore water into the pan. It will blend with the spices used in the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 200C cook the bird for 1 hr.
- Then lower the heat to 350F or 180C and cook for another 1.5 hr.
- Make sure to use the water from the pan and pore it over the turkey every 10 min. And you can place foil on the tips of the wings and legs.
- Enjoy! Mine was ridiculous. And even my dad did not ad salt or other spices. Top compliment 🙂
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit