My son was asking for apple pie but he said it is really hard to get it where you get the pie and the apple together. Most of the time you get one or the other. So we decided to make Mini Apple Pie Holiday Wonders.
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
Apple Pie Wonders Filling Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 apples
- 1/2 cup honey
- sugar for sprinkling on top
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp soft butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
Pie Crust Cooking Steps:
- In a large bowl combine flour and salt.
- Add the softened but still pretty firm and cut up into small pieces.
- Add milk and vanilla, mixing until the dough can be molded into a ball.
- Roll out the dough, and cut out round pieces that will fit into the muffin maker plus enough to pinch and cover the apple on top. I had 15 circles. But make sure they are not too thin so the bottom does not fall of when ready. I would say it is a corn tortilla thickness.
- Layer parchment or plastic wrap in between and place into the fridge for 1 hr so it settles.
- Take out and keep out for 15 min before using.
Apple Pie Wonders Filling Cooking Steps:
Putting It All Together:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the muffin baking sheet, spray with butter, and place the pie crust into each muffin mold.
- Place the apples on top of each pie crust.
- Pinch the edges together to close.
- Chill mini apple apple wonder for 15 min in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolk, butter, and milk.
- Brush the egg yolk and milk mixture over the top crust and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 30-40 min. Chill and serve with vanilla bean ice scream. Yam..yam
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit