Yes, more holiday cooking. This time my son asked for gingerbread men and I came up with Spiced Holiday Cookies – did not have any ground ginger on hand. But I had some spices instead and they came out just perfect.
- 3/4 cup unsalted organic butter
- 1 cup honey or coconut syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 orange zest
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground all spice
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 350F.
- Take out butter and eggs ahead of time from the fridge so it will be at room temperature when ready to use.
- Place in the bowl all the ingredients (baking soda being the last one it reacts right away when mixed with wet items). Mix until uniform.
- Place on a floured surface and roll with a rolling pin so it is about 10 mil. thick. The thinner the dough the crispier they will come out so your choice. We used ginger bread men molds to make the shapes – but use anything that rocks your boat.
- Dust baking cookie sheet with flour and place your ginger bread men cut outs, decorate with colored sugar.
- Bake for 10 – 15 min depending on thickness.
- Enjoy in moderation.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit