Hope your weekend is going well. I am still waiting to hear back about my Level 2 Pilates written and practical to see if I passed. Frankly I have no idea. I thought I did pretty good on the practical. When I got my feedback it was not good as I thought it would be. So really have no idea. Also, for the written part I am not sure but being hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed.
So anyway, today my son and I dropped of a YMCA Christmas wish present. I think it is the best idea. The children give their wishes and they are hang on a tree. After that we did a few pull-ups and dips and played with the boomerang. Well it was fun but we still have not figured out how to make it come back.
Anyway, let’s get to today’s meal. It is Fragrant Rice with Shrooms and Salmon. I was walking around when I realized that I am hungry and started to just want to grab something. That is a really easy way to snack your weight up to an unhealthy place. I always make sure that I eat every 3 hours and it has a little bit of thievery (protein, carbs, and fat) and I include a piece of fruit as my desert to help fight off the sweet tooth.
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup organic jasmine brown rice
- 1 tsp Spanish saffron
- 1 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp garlic granules
- 16 oz wild salmon
- red pepper flakes
- garlic and onion flakes
- In a cooking pot combine rice, stock, chopped portobello, saffron, garlic granules.
- Bring to a boil and then cook on low heat until almost all water is absorbed. When almost done. Turn off and let the rice absorb the leftover water. Fluff with fork before serving to mix the spices evenly.
- For salmon, heat up the oven to 350F.
- Place on a cooking sheet lined with foil, spread spices (onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes). Cook for 10- 15 min depending on filet thickness.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit