Good morning, Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays!!!
My son asked me to make some ice cream. So here it is: Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 3 cups of sugar
- 4 oz alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 7 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Ice Cream Cooking Steps:
- Mix all the ice cream ingredients and pore into a metal bowl.
- Cook on low heat for about 30 min while constantly stering or until it thickens.
- Chill the mixture by placing the bowl on ice.
- Line cookie baking sheet with waxed paper and pore the mixture into the sheet.
- Chill for 10 hr while whipping the mixture every 30 min or so.
Sandwich Cookies Cooking Steps:
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 186°C degrees.
- Line baking sheets with foil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter as well as mix all wet ingredients until they are an even consistency.
- Fold dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out into desired shapes. My son and I used X-Mass trees and snowman.
- Place on the baking sheet and poke dot patterns with a fork.
- Bake for about 10 min.
- Set on a rack to cool down.
Putting it all together:
- When ice-cream is set use the same holiday shapes to cut out the ice-cream shapes.
- Place between two cookies and enjoy right away, it does melt faster then regular ice-cream!
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit