I really enjoy power bars, they satisfy my sweet tooth, and could be a great source of vitamins, minerals, protein, and healthy fat. The reason why I say could be is becasue even though a lot of power bars say natural and healthy many of them still have all those x-tras that we do not want in our bodies (sugar, salt, and preservatives). So here is my version of the POP power bar: Date & Fig Power Bar Crumble.
- 1/2 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cup coconut water
- 2 tsp all spice
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/3 cup ground almonds or almond meal
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 goat kefir
- 1/4 cup nuts (your pick)
- Place all dried fruit and spices in a bowl. Mix well to cover the fruit.
- Add coconut water. Make sure all the fruit is submerged.
- Heat mixture for 3 min to activate the process and help the fruit to reconstruct. Leave soaking for 1 hr or overnight if you have time (no need to heat up).
- Place soaked fruit in a blender or if your prefer large chunks just chop them up and may be drain access water if necessary.
- Heat up the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- In the meantime, combine protein powder, ground almonds or almond meal, cup flaxseeds, oats, goat kefir, nuts (your pick, I used pecans – remind me of Christmas and holidays).
- Mix until uniform consistency is reached.
- Use a heavy bottom pan and spread blended fruit.
- Then cover with dried mixture just as if doing a crumble cake.
- Bake for 20 min or until golden brown.
Enjoy your rewarding treat after a workout.
Esse Libere Fintess – Free To Be Fit