I have mad a decision that I would like to get back into competition shape. The trick is to to do it while I have knee, elbow, and shoulder issue. That limits my exercises and intensity at which I can go. Bottom line I need to stop wishing I did not have the issue an start figuring out what needs to be done. Otherwise healing will continue to slip to the right and I will never be able to do what I really enjoy – my crazy MTRWs that I love so much. It is painful to realize that even a simple push-up causes excruciating pain that does no go away.
That said even though the exercises I choose will help me rehab my body, you can up the weight and make them more challenging.
This body transformation challenge will be based on my Pilo-Yoga pilates and yoga fusion workout. It will focus on rehabbing knee, shoulder, low back or elbow injuries while strengthening the core and tighten up all over so you can get back in shape. Here is today’s workout: 3 rounds | 12 reps per exercise per side | weighted exercise balls | magic circle
- Mountain pose + swine dive to deadlift + forward fold
- Lunge back + shoulder press
- Side lunge + orbit
- 3 Point plank + press to 3 legged down ward facing dog + step though to lunge with forward shoulder raise
- Warrior 3 + leg raise + row
- Pilo-yoga bridge
- Pilo-yoga crunch
Here are my stats for day 1 | March 27, 2013
- Weight: 152.5 lb (morning)
- Hips: 39.5
- Thighs: 23.5
- Bi’s: 11.5 (left) & 12.4 (right)
- Ankles: 14.5
- Waste: 27.5
Goal | September 1, 2013
- Weight: 135 lb (morning)
I am learning how to edit movies and realizing just how pathetically slow my laptop is.
This week food challenge: eat every 3 hours and no snacking between snacks and meals
Here is Day One Food Log:
- Wake-up: Soy milk capucchino (1/2 cup sugar free vanilla soy milk)
- Meal 1: 1 cup egg whites + cilantro + 1 cup steamed broccoli + mango
- Meal 2: 1/2 apple + 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Meal 3: 1 cup broccoli + 10 med shrimp + 1/2 cup couscous
- Meal 4: 4 small cabbage leaves stuffed with meat & couscous (I had leftover couscous so used it instead of the rice)
It is hard to start all over but it is more unbearable to see yourself out of shape. When I prepared for competition for the first time – OCB April 2011, 2nd place in Fitness Model division – what made a difference is taking weekly photo to see progress so this time, even though it is hard to see myself out of shape I need to take a leap of faith and go for it. Making video surely will help me stay motivated.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit