I actually was trying to figure out a way to create a pre or post workout bar that is tasty yet is not chalky when protein powder is used and this one does not even need to be baked. So here is my creation:
- 12 pitted dried dates
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
| you can use heavenly chocolate protein powder
for chocolate kick
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup soy milk or goat milk
- 2 tbsp organic alcohol & sugar free vanilla flavor
- cinnamon | to taste
- add semi-sweet chocolate morsels to make it chocolaty | optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Pulse for 30 sec. I like mine chunky so I can fell the big peaces of figs when I bit but you can make it as fine as you prefer.
- Take a glass container and line it waxed paper place the mixture and flatten it out with your fingers.
- Place in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Take our, cut into bar size and roll them in coconut flakes.
- You can use rolling pin to flatten the bars if too thick.
- To store: cut out waxed paper and wrap bars individually. Store in the freezer.