I love bread. But when getting ready for bikini competition eating delicious loafs especially in the second half of the day will cost you flat abs. I am not against bread at all, and I usually have carbs with all my meals but if you are competition you have no choice or if you need to show your six pack fast carb – bread, pasta, rice – is the first to go along with fruits – only 1-2 servings in the first half of the day. Try that for a week and you will see you flat abs show up just like that – magic 🙂
But if you have been following my blog my specialty is making healthy options from what seem impossible. I use no sugar or salt and will be posting an absolutely divine desert tomorrow, sorry getting ahead of myself. A spin on my old time favorite – Key Lime pie. Yam. No sugar or flour. Take that. Well, getting back to bread. Today’s star is – Zucchini Carrot Mini Squares. And you can have it at night without your belly sticking out in the morning. In moderation of course since it does have almond flour. Although almonds are one of the lower fat nuts it is still fat. But the good kind.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- pinch of saffron
- 1/3 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp white ground pepper
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds + a bit for crust top
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup goat yogurt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Shred zucchini and carrot into a bowl and add all other ingredients. Baking soda goes in last once everything else is mixed in, since it tarts working right away.
- Line a heavy bottom rectangular pan with waxed paper, place the batter in the pan, spread out evenly, toss sesame seeds on top.
- Cook for 35 min until golden brown on top.
- Enjoy by itself or with Spring Carrot Ginger Soup!
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit