I enjoy nuts, raisins, and all the dried fruit available especially after a workout or as a great guilt free snack. (Check out my Scrumptious Post Workout Granola Snack post or Coconut, Currants, Almonds and Flax Granola Treat). And a new addition to the list – Guilt Free Crunchy Munchy Bar – which I can up just by accident when making Mango Key Lime Mini’s with a Hint of Mint. I had leftover mini pie crust and decided to flatten it out and freeze it. Wow it was delicious.
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup currants
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp. protein powder
- 3 tbsp. flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sugar and alcohol-free vanilla syrup
- To make the power bar add all crust ingredients into food processor.
- Pulse the mix until it is finely chopped and even crumbly consistency.
- Use a cookie sheet and firmly press
- Put into the freezer. It does not freeze but makes it cool and refreshing.
- Enjoy, I sure did…hm…hm…great!
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit