I had leftover Spicy Marinaded Homemade Goat Cheese Balls and infused olive that the cheese balls were marinating, Tzatziki sauce and plus some fresh ground turkey and decided to make Cheesy Turkey Sushi Roll with Mediterranean Bulgur Wheat Salad. Of course a personal twist on the salad. But I am sure if you have been following my post there is always a personal touch 🙂 I made the meal complete by adding fresh broccoli. I used to buy broccoli florets only until I started to get organic broccoli from Whole Foods and now I am gabbling up florets and stalk and it taste delicious. The trick is to not overcook it. Drop it in the boiling water for 4 minutes max and drain right away. So fresh and so good.
Cheesy Turkey Sushi Roll Ingredients:
- 16 oz. ground lean turkey | check sodium some of them have higher content
- 2 eggs
- bunch of cilantro
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. Free2BFit spice blend
- 1 sweet potato
- 6 Spicy Marinaded Homemade Goat Cheese Balls
- 2 cups Tzatziki sauce
Mediterranean Bulgur Wheat Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup dry bulgur wheat
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 large white onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 pine nuts
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- herb infused olive oil to taste | I used olive oil that was leftover from Spicy Marinaded Homemade Goat Cheese Balls
Cheesy Turkey Sushi Roll Cooking steps:
- In a kitchen blender combine eggs, onion, celery, basil, and Free2BFit spice blend.
- Blend until smooth.
- Fold in turkey and mix.
- Use sushi making tools and spread out half of the turkey blend.
- Heat up an oven to 350 F, julienne sweet potato, spray with olive oil and cook until soft. Click here for more tip on how to oven roast your vegetable and make it 6 pack abs friendly.
- Cut Spicy Marinated Homemade Goat Cheese Balls in half and arrange on top of turkey.
- Next line up roasted sweet potatoes.
- Pull up the plastic wrap from one end.
- Keep roll the mixture into a log.
- Take off plastic wrap.
- Heat up the oven to 350 F. And transfer the log onto the foil.
- Pore half Tzatziki sauce ad use the other half for the second log. Close the logs up with foil to prevent turkey from during and keeping the moisture in.
- Cook for 20 min or until you no longer see pink in the meat.
- Slice just like sushi in mini rolls.
Mediterranean Bulgur Wheat Salad Cooking steps:
- Pore water into a glass bowl, add bulgur wheat, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook in microwave on high for 90 sec, fluff and cook another 90 sec. When ready place in the fridge to cool down.
- Meanwhile, chop onions, cilantro, cucumber, place in a bowl and mix. Add pine nuts and infused olive oil. Fold in cool bulgur wheat. Mix well.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit