I asked to try it and said I will get some next week since I already got another bread but changed my mind and came back because I picked up no salt turkey breast and was dreaming up a Panini sandwich especially since I just got fresh basil.
Pesto Spread Ingredients:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves packed
- 3 garlic gloves
- 1 cup robust olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. white ground pepper
- 1/2 pine nuts
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I use a blend of asiago, parmesan, fontina and provolone)
- Mutli-grain Bachata
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 no salt turkey breast sliced deli style
- 4 cheese slices of your choice
- Place all pesto spread ingredients in a kitchen blender.
- Pulse until even consistency.
- To make Panini: slice bachata bread into 4 rectangles and spread a generous amount of pesto spread on both sides.
- Place turkey on top.
- Slice tomatoes and layer on top of turkey.
- Last layer is cheese of your choice. I used drunken goat cheese.
- Heat up a George Foreman Grill to 400F.
- Cook for 5 min or until you see golden brown grilling marks on the bread.
- Enjoy with Mesclun greens!
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit