Happy Friday! The weather is beautiful and I finally got a moment to cook. It has been so busy I had barely time to breath. Our Free2BFit Sweet Snack Pantry stocked with Scrumptious Post Workout Granola Snacks, Mango Key Lime Mini’s with a Hint of Mint, and Guilt Free Crunchy Munchy Bar (just to name a few) but I am always on a look out for more – variety is a spice of life. So here is today’s treat fit for a healthy and wholesome weekend, and with Labor day around the corner this recipe is an easy way to treat yourself and your guests and will not even know it does not have flour or sugar. I present Pineapple Upside-Down Fit Cakes:
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup organic raw coconut nectar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. organic ghee | clarified butter
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. vanilla flavor | no alcohol & sugar free
- 1/2 cup sliced pineapple
- Melt ghee and combine with all the other ingredients. Mix until uniform consistency.
- Heat up the oven to 350F and use muffin molds if your are looking to control your portions or you can use a small pie mold.
- Layer cut pineapple on the bottom of the mold.
- Top with about 1 full table spoon of batter on top of pineapple or just split up equally. This portion makes 6 mini cuties.
- Bake for 25 min if making a cake or 20 min if using muffin molds. But look for a golden brown crust and use a toothpick to check when cooked. Cool and flip the cakes carefully or they will break.
If you are new also check out our 90 Day Pilo-Yoga Challenge and bring vibrancy to our routine plus even heal your bad back, aching knees, elbows or wrists.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit