I hope your weekend is going great. I know it is getting warmer and I usually am in the mood for lighter foods but seafood chowder or stew has been on my mind for a while and yesterday I had fresh young coconut so I could not resist using the coconut flesh and the seafood that I got earlier when shopping. So here is today’s recipe – Exotic Seafood Stew:
- 1 cup scallops
- 1 cup shrimp
- 1 cup seafood medley
- 5 small red potatoes
- 1 fresh young coconut pulp
- 2 cups goat milk
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 1 carrot
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 tsp white ground pepper
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 3 bay leaves | take out when stew is ready
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- basil leaves for garnish
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- In cast iron pot place oil and all the spices. Let the oil absorb the flavor for about 3-5 min.
- Add chopped onion and shredded carrots. Simmer on low heat for 5 min or until the onion start to caramelize.
- Add cubed potatoes, sea food, celery, milk, chopped coconut flesh, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling cook on low heat for about 20 min or until potatoes are soft when pricked with a fork.
- Place 1/4 cup of cheese into a bowl and pour soup over, decorate with fresh basil leaves.
Makes 4 servings.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit