Chickpeas or garbanzo beans seem to steal the party these days. As you know I made Homemade Free2BFit Hummus Dip and had some leftover garbanzo beans which I could not let ho to waste so Homemade Falafel Cups was a logical follow up 🙂
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 cup organic dark rye flower
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 1 egg
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp. munch curry
- Split cooked beans in half. Place 1 cup in the food processor and add all the spices.
- Pulse until all the ingredients reach uniform consistency. Fold in whole garbanzo beans. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Use olive to moisten the muffin tin and place about 2 tbsp. of falafel mixture into each muffin mold.
- Bake for 30 min or until golden brown on the outside.
- Serve with Spring Beets, Carrots, and Sweet Potato Salad and mixed greens.
If you are new also check out our 90 Day Pilo-Yoga Challenge and bring vibrancy to our routine plus even heal your bad back, aching knees, elbows or wrists.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit