I know mayo has become the villain and has a bad rep. However, in Russia we have been eating it for a long time the difference is all natural ingredients. When you look at the list if ingredients you will quick realize they are not that different from those of an omelet or olive oil based dressing – considered to be great sources of healthy fats and protein. So why do we think it is bad?
Come to think of it if you look at the label of a mass produced mayo it is all those other things that are added to make it last that makes it bad. I sure do not think sunflower or eggs are bad for you. How about you? Of course it is high in fat but healthy oil is good in moderation just like many other thing we eat. Add red pepper for a spicy kick 🙂 just the way I love it.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp.dry mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 cup cold pressed unrefined olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chili flakes
- 1 cup goat yogurt
- In a bowl mix together egg yolk and all dry components.
- Separately, mix lemon juice, honey, oil and vinegar split in half and fold into yolk mixture.
- Start mixing and ad the oil a few drops at a time until the liquid seems to thicken and lighten a little.
- After that add the oil continuously until half the oil is mixed in.
- Keep mixing and adding the rest of the oil.
- Leave at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
- Add yogurt.
- Can keep refrigerated for up to 7 days.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit