I know all of you know the importance of specifically green leafy vegetables. I personally fin dit easier to eat all other color but there is something about green that makes it not as appealing. To solve that problem here is a delicious dinner or lunch recipe that has plenty of green fibrous veg and is low in saturated fat while providing plenty of vitamins and minerals: Savory Kale with Turkey and Couscous:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups chopped scallions
- 3 cups chopped cilantro
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 5 tbsp. Free2BFIt Spice Blend
- 1 vidalia onion
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chop onion, cilantro, scallions, tomatoes, basil, and slice turkey.
- On low heat add to a heavy bottom pan 2 tbsp. olive oil and spices. Cook for 2 min, add vidalia onion and cook for another 5 min.
- Fold in tomatoes, basil, cilantro and 1 cup of chicken broth. Cook on low for 5 min.
- Add turkey and kale, add in more spices and the rest of the chicken broth. Cover and simmer on low for 15 min. Mix then cover and cook for another 15 min.
- To make couscous: combine 1 cup of couscous and 1 cup of chicken broth. Cook in a microwave on high for 3 min. When ready mix well.