I am just realizing just how much I was relying on protein shakes to ensure that my meals are high in protein and low in fat so I can shred for the competition.And it sure makes it more challenging not to do so. But where is a will there is a way. Oysters are particularly high in protein while being very low in fat so here is my take on the old fashion Po’Boy – 2BFit Shrimp And Oyster Po’Boy:
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 1 lb. fresh chucked oysters
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Free2BFit Seafood Spice Blend
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 head hydroponic lettuce
2BFit Sandwich Spread Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup goat milk yogurt
- 2 tbsp. chopped dill
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tsp. Sriracha
- zest & juice of 1 lime
- Drain oysters and pat them dry.
- Mix Free2BFit Seafood Spice Blend, egg, coconut flakes and coconut oil.
- Place dry oysters and shrimp into the Free2BFit Seafood Spice Blend mixture and keep mixing until all shrimp and oysters and covered in spices. Cover and leave fin the fridge for 30 min.
- In the meantime pre-heat an over to 350F.
- To make 2BFit Sandwich spread: in a bowl, mix together goat yogurt, chopped dill, chili sauce, chopped green onions, lime juice and zest.
- Putting it together: spread the spicy 2BFit Sandwich spread on both sides of the pita bread.
- Slice the pita bread into 2 parts, spread 2BFit Sandwich spread on both sides, fill it with shrimp & oysters, onion rings, tomato halves, avocado and lettuce. Of course you can skip the pita bread and just enjoy it over the lettuce.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free2BFit