It has been awhile, have been busy with work and projects.
Today on the menu we have Tiramisu “pick-me-up” in Italian. The truth is I tried it before but never cared much for the dessert. However, my boyfriend really likes it so we decided to make it. And to my surprise I loved it. The thing is we made it really moist and I remember that when I tried it before it was not as rich with coffee and we made a few personal twist that makes it so so so delicious:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 cup grated milk chocolate
- 1 tbsp sugar and alcohol free vanilla
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 & 1/2 strong espesso
- 24 ladyfingers (organic)
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl an whisk until pale. Fold in mascaprone.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold in honey, then vanilla, one ingredient at a time. Then add half of the grated chocolate.
- Whisk again until you have soft peaks. Fol din gently into the mascarpone mixture.
- Place a layer of lady fingers to cover the bottom of a square glass dish. Ot use individual classes to make mini’s. Pour half of the coffee over the ladyfingers.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture on the top. Then add another layer of ladyfingers.
- Pour the second half of the coffee and the leftover mascarpone. Sprinkle the chocolate shaving all over to cover the entire dish.
- Refrigerate at least for 4 hour or overnight. Enjoy!