I was looking through the Food and Wine magazine and had an inspiration for a salad. And even though theirs have completely different ingredients (cabbage and Brussels sprouts) I still feel like that salad inspired my idea to make a Harvest Crunch Salad with zucchini, carrot and apple – and it only took 5 min to make. Plus did you know that zucchini is naturally high in magnesium (facilitates muscle contractions and strong bones), folate (supports metabolism), and fiber (promotes satiety).
- 1 med zucchini
- 1 med carrot
- 1 green apple
Free2BFit Salad Dressing:
- 3 tbsp. organic sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp. artisan vinegar | I used blueberry
- handful chopped chives
- pinch of rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp. garlic granules
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Julienne all vegetables using a mandoline. Mix well.
- Free2BFit Salad dressing: mix all ingredients together and pore over the salad.
- You can also let the salad marinade for 15 min and serve chilled.
I completed my meal with shrimp as my healthy lean protein choice – yummy.