I only used Brussels sprouts in the past when roasting them with vegetable but today I dared to step out and and made this wonderful vitamin packed Caramelized Onions, Brussels Sprouts with Chicken Saute. I also added some avocado and its creaminess in contrast with sprout crunchiness really made this dish perfect. By the way an added bonus – Brussel sprouts lower cholesterol and are high in cancer-protective substances plus Vitamin C, folate and load of fiber.
Moreover, you know how chicken breast is really dry, well this time you do not have to choke and drink a bit of water while eating it. I like dark chicken meat and the breast well, the chicken only has two thighs unfortunately so I am usually left with white meat and have to get creative. I usually get two rotisserie chickens on the weekend to make sure I always have healthy protein options but this time I think I am just about to done with it but I had an idea. I ground the meat up and added it into the saute – tasty and high-protein while making the meal complete and well rounded for optimal lean muscle growth.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1 large red onion
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups cooked ground chicken breast
- 1 avocado
- 5 basil leaves
- 1/4 sesame oil
- 1/4 blackberry vinegar or you can use white wine
- 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic or you can use garlic granules
- 1 tsp. dried onion flakes
- juice of 1 lemon
- Free2BFit Marinade: In a bowl mix oil, vinegar, garlic, onion flakes, lemon juice and chopped basil.
- Chop sprouts and mix with Free2BFit Marinade. Let the sprouts absorb the flavors and soften a bit.
- Meanwhile, add sesame oil to the pan then fold in chopped onions. Let them, simmer on low for about 5 min.
- Add balsamic vinegar and let the onion caramelize for about another 5 min. Stir them periodically so they do not burn.
- Add marinated sprouts and ground chicken.
- Cook on low heat stirring occasionally for about 10 min. When ready add chopped avocado for a great source of healthy fat.
Also check out:
- MTRW: Guns of Steel
- MTRW: Focused Tone
- MTRW: Deltoids and Back Blast
- POP Nutrition: Chilli.Ru
- MTRW: Pump It Up – Upper Body Power
- MTRW: Legs of Steel
- MTRW: Upper Arm Beauty
- POP Nutrition: Pumpkin and Apple Tartlets
- POP Nutrition: Tuna Melt with a Kick
Esse Libere Fitness – Free2BFit