It is back to school week and with less time in the am to get ready so come Cranberry-Lime Muffins a great way to fuel you for the day while leaving you satisfied and guilt-free. Plus they are dairy, gluten, and sugar free. This batch yields 4 large (I usually split them into two halves) muffins or 6 medium ones.
- 2 organic eggs
- juice of 2 limes
- zest of 2 limes
- 2.5 cups almond flour | I use Honeyville Blanched Almond Meal Flour
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tbsp. unrefined organic coconut oil plus 1 tsp for greasing
- 3 tbsp. organic vanilla flavoring | alcohol and sugar free
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free & double acting baking powder
- 1/2 cup organic raw honey
- 1/2 pumpkin pie spice salt-free blend
- 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 200F. Grease the molds or use muffin cups. I personally prefer cast iron muffin molds because no matter what you make it does not stick or burn.
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and pulse until uniform. Fold in cranberries. Also if you have trouble finding fresh or frozen cranberries you can always re-hydrate dried ones by soaking them over-night in lime juice or water.
- Equally divide batter into the molds and bake for 20 min (more or less if you are using 6 muffin molds vs. 4 big ones). Dry tooth pick testing always is a sure way to check whether your tasty guilt-free treats are ready. Also, if the muffin did get stuck to your mold, do not despair. Use a wooden skewers to loosen it up without scratching the pan.
Followers who likes this also liked:
- POPN Paleo | Flaxberry Picker Upper Smoothy
- POPN Paleo | Cocolicious White Brownie Squares
- POP Nutrition | Paleo Savory Potato Pancakes – Potato Free
- POP Nutrition | Lean and Mean Autumn Power Up Soup
- Pilo-Yoga | 90 Day Challenge | Day 41
- Bikini Competition WOD | MTRW 25 | Get Sexy