A lot of people dread fall and winter but I love them. It is my favorite time of the year. Anything from fall leaves to winter holidays, decorations, and crisp air. I love it all. And I do think that winter vegetable just as cheerful as the season and as brgiht as their summer and spring comrades. Just think pumpkins are bright orange like like the Butternut Squash. Plus, compliment with a lean protein (Lean Thanksgiving Turkey with Cranberry-Pineapple Chutney) for a well rounded meal.
- 1 large winter squash
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1-2 tbsp. olive or coconut oil, you can also use melted ghee
- 1 tsp. honey, agave or maple syrup, or dehydrated dates (looks just like sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F or 220C. Cut pumpkin into long strips. About 1 inch wide and 3 inches long.
- Use double cooking tray. Pore water into the lower tray and line top tray with foil.
- Lay winter squash strips, sprinkle with oil or ghee, nutmeg, and honey.
- Cook for 20 min. Enjoy!
People who viewed this also liked:
- POP Nutrition | Chicken Pot Pie (Gluten Free)
- POP Nutrition | How to eat healthy through out the week (Plus 4 QUICK ways to sneak your veggies in)
- POPN Paleo | Lentils and Turkey Bacon Stew
- POPN Paleo | Spaghetti Squash Sidekick
- POPN Paleo | Eggs and Spaghetti Power Breakfast
- POPN Paleo | Butternut Pork Stew
- POPN Paleo | Honey Tamarind Chicken
- POPN Paleo | Caramel Belgian Waffles – Refuel with the best post-workout snack
- POPN Paleo | Savory Crapes (Gluten and Dairy Free)