It is amazing, that we can not stand eating something for all our life then one day kaboom…you try it and a feeling of loss comes over for missing out on it all your life. I can say that for certain about pumpkins. Yes, it all started last year with my son asking to make him a Pumpkin Pei. He did not like it and I, on the side, loved it and could not get enough. And so the journey continues with this year specilal – POPN Paleo | Gluten-Free Pumpkin Flapjacks – light as air.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin spice
- 16 oz. canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp. ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- Using a blender mix all ingredients together until uniform. My personal preference is Blendtec Total Blender Classic with WildSide & Twister Jars but Vitamix will work just as well. Use pulse function and scrape the sides often.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet. Once hot, turn the stove top off and let it cook for a couple of minutes. Then turn the stove top on the lowest setting and place two tables spoon fulls of pumpkin mixture on the pan and spread it out to form a pancake circle. Make sure your skillet is on lowest heat setting that will prevent them from burning so yes it takes time for this airy flapjacks to cook bu tit totally worth it. Now be patient, the mixture will be very light an dairy and if you try to flip the flapjacks too early they will fall apart so patience will pay off. Just look for when top is set and gently try to flip it with your spatula. If it feel stuck leave for a little bit more.
- Enjoy with honey or maple syrup and ghee!
People who viewed this also liked: