I never though about smashed carrots until I met my husband. His dad always makes them and they are absolutely divine. Here is my personal twist with a bit less butter, well a lot less butter and a few other spices. This dish is a great addition to any meal or just enjoy by themselves as a comforting snack or spread it on your favorite vegetable or Paleo GF bread.
- 1 tbsp. caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 1 tbsp. garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp. onion flakes
- 1 tsp. orange peel
- 12 large carrots
- Place carrots (cut of ends) into a pot and cover with water. Boil for 25 min or until carrots are soft.
- When done, drain the water, add all other ingredients and smash them up. Enjoy with Honey Tamarind Chicken, Tangy Mediterranean Chicken, or as a side with your Lean Mass Burger.
People who viewed this also enjoyed:
- POP Nutrition | Upside down Buffalo Sheppard Pie
- POP Nutrition | Cauliflower Pizza Bake
- POP Nutrition | Tomato, Mushroom and Spinach with Mung Bean Fettuccine
- POP Nutrition | Sweet Potato Cheezzy Fries
- PiloYoga | Frog Flow
- POP Nutrition | Breakfast Delight Waffles
- Bikini Competition WOD | MTRW 26 | TRX Super Sculpt