This is a recipe review. I did not have the guts to claim this as mine, cause it is not. The truth is, I always wanted to make chocolate from scratch. I know it is weird but that is just something that is both exciting and intimidating because I have never done anything like that. So I searched the web to see what is out there and used Wellness Mama healthy chocolate recipe and for once I wanted to follow it exactly since I usually just look through for inspiration and modify what I find. I did not look through comments and found out only after the fact that my raw honey would sink to the bottom of the mold. But the good things is I still enjoyed the chocolate and it did not bother me one single bit. I do love honey after all. And the more I ate it the more I liked it. I had to say no more and put it away into the freeze since I just could not put it down. I would say this one is for true dark chocolate lovers. It has a clear bitter pure coca powder taste along with a smooth lingering finish of the raw cacao butter. I do love nuts and seed so I also added raisins, nits and seeds to make chocolate bark with Christmas trees molds, just in time for Russian Christmas.
- In a double boiler melt cocoa butter in over medium heat and add raw honey. Make sure it is all melted and well incorporated before taking off the boiler.
- When ready, remove from heat and add cocoa powder, vanilla and nuts and seeds.
- Line a baking pan or glass container with parchment paper and place in the fridge. It will take about 4 hours for the chocolate to harden completely. I actually put mine in the freezer, I like when it is really hard.
People who viewed this also liked:
- POPN Paleo | Eggs and Spaghetti Power Breakfast
- POPN Paleo | Butternut Pork Stew
- POPN Paleo | Honey Tamarind Chicken
- POPN Paleo | Caramel Belgian Waffles – Refuel with the best post-workout snack
- POPN Paleo | Savory Crapes (Gluten and Dairy Free)
- POPN Paleo | Cranberry-Lime Muffins
- POPN Paleo | Flaxberry Picker Upper Smoothy
- POPN Paleo | Cocolicious White Brownie Squares