I do believe that variety is a spice of life and the key to long-term success when it come down to healthy eating habits. And spices come very handy when transforming blend asparagus or bitter Brussels sprouts into delicious and nutritious meal you actually want to eat and keep coming back for seconds.
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 spring of fresh sage
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. mustard powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp. onion flakes
- 1/3 cup red pepper, dried
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- For the Citrus Vinaigrette – mix all ingredients together and shake well. Store in a fridge in an air tight container for 3 days.
- For the Greenies – boil enough water to cover the vegetables 3-4 inches from the top. When boiling drop the asparagus (cut of about 2 inches from he bottom) and pre-cut Brussels sprouts for 4 min. Drain right away to prevent the veggies from being mushy.
- Place veggies in a bowl, pore Citrus Vinaigrette all over and mix well. You can serve them warmed up or chilled.
People who viewed this also liked:
- POPN Paleo | Butternut Pork Stew
- POPN Paleo | Honey Tamarind Chicken
- POPN Paleo | Caramel Belgian Waffles – Refuel with the best post-workout snack
- POPN Paleo | Savory Crapes (Gluten and Dairy Free)
- POPN Paleo | Cranberry-Lime Muffins
- POPN Paleo | Flaxberry Picker Upper Smoothy
- POPN Paleo | Cocolicious White Brownie Squares
- POP Nutrition | Paleo Savory Potato Pancakes – Potato Free