Lean meat is essential for muscle development and when one has low red blood cell count to boost immune system and health. And while most of us go to chicken breast as the first source, I think turkey is just as good and is a great way to increase your protein consumption without too much fat.
Ingredients (makes 12 medium cakes, serves 4):
- 1 lb. lean turnkey, ground
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. mustard seed, ground
- 1 tbsp. garlic, flakes
- 1 tbsp. onion, flakes
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- ghee, coconut or sesame oil for cooking
- Mix all ingredients besides cooking oil in a bowl until uniform.
- Preheat cast iron skillet and spray it with oil. Make a golf size balls and place them on the pan. Use spatula to flatten them out.They will be the size of a hockey puck when done.
- Cook 3-4 min on each side or until golden brown.Enjoy with Harvest Crunch Salad for a complete meal.
People who viewed this also liked:
- POPN Paleo | Honey Tamarind Chicken
- POPN Paleo | Caramel Belgian Waffles – Refuel with the best post-workout snack
- POPN Paleo | Savory Crapes (Gluten and Dairy Free)
- POPN Paleo | Cranberry-Lime Muffins
- POPN Paleo | Flaxberry Picker Upper Smoothy
- POPN Paleo | Cocolicious White Brownie Squares
- POPN Paleo | Savory Potato Pancakes – Potato Free
Svetlana ” Free2BFit360″